Da Lat is a beautiful city in the South of Vietnam. Cool weather. Great to stay away from the heat
Datanla Fall is 7 km away from the City. It has many out door activities. One of the highlights is the longest sliders in South East Asia. They have set up camera along the track to take your photos and you can purchase later on.
Getting to Datanla Fall
Datanla Fall located South of the City of Dalat about 7 km on the highway Prenn.
There are 2 ways to get to Datanla Fall from Dalat City
- Taxi: This is for the people how do not want to ride a motorbike. It costs around 70k ($3.5) to get to Datanla Fall.
- Renting a motor bike: There are 2 ways to rent a motorbike which is from the hotel and from the motorbike shop. I would strongly recommend to do it at the hotel because they will not take any thing from you since they already have your ID. If you do it through the motorbike shop, it might be 50 cents cheaper but they will keep one piece of ID and might even ask for driver license if you have one. The saving is not worth the hassle so I will just stick with the hotel
If you need help with anything feel free to Contact Us
Things to do at Datanla Fall
According to my memory, I believe you have to pay for a ticket around $1.50. And then there is a list of activities that you can do
- Longest Slider in South East Asia: This one almost the must do because it takes you to the waterfall. The ticket was about $5. It includes a round trip 10 mins each way on the sliders. Going upwards you will not need to push the clutch but downwards you will need to. This is absolutely the highlight of the waterfall.
- Ziplining: One of my regret was not playing Zipline at the Datanla. It will cost about $15 for the activity.
- Cliff jumping: At the time writing this article, I did an online research and found out there is cliff jumping. Honestly, I did not know about when I was at Datanla as my friend was buying tickets for everyone. So keep in mind if you are interested.
For full in depth details pricing, and what these places actually look like, you can click on the link to watch my vlog for visualization experience.
Da Lat Datanla Waterfall
Tips for travelers
- For people want to call taxi: To ask the hotel to call the carb. They always have numbers to call and they know the price. Also taxi will less likely to do any shady things as they want future referrals from the hotels.
- For renting motorbikes: Always rent a newer motorbikes even it cost a little bit more. From my experience driving around Dalat, I rented a Nouvo which was more than 10 years old. It was $6 per day but it costs me $4 on gas for the day. Next day, I rented a Honda 2016 model. It costs me a bit more $8 but my gas cost is $2 for whole day. Both options cost the same, but driving a newer model is much better experience and to minimize the risk of getting a dead motorbike in nowhere. I know I know it seems little money, but if you have to rent everyday, it will cost more and I want to bring you guys the best experience as well.